Monday, February 6, 2012

Chicken Tacos

For 2011, I got a free Betty Crocker wall calendar, by responding to their email in time, lol. It was kinda fun because each calendar page featured a big yummy photo, and a recipe, that hung in the kitchen all month. In the middle (where the staples held it together) was a recipe card size copy of each month's photo and recipe.

Anyway, that's where this recipe comes from! I had never made chicken tacos before, I've never even had them! LOL! Sometimes I prefer to stick to what I know and with tacos, I like the beef thanks, lol! So this was a huge new change for me, and I liked it a lot! The kids liked it just fine, because I left peppers off theirs, haha.

titled Wild West Sizzlin' Chicken Tacos
2 cups cooked chicken strips
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
4 taco shells (Old El Paso Stand N Stuff - recommended)
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 cup bbg baked beans
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled

*I used frozen bell pepper strips, which come with green, yellow and red.
I left off the bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment