Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fried Rice!

Fried rice is tasty and wonderful. It is also 99% magic because the boys in this house do not like rice...but they will both ask for this. Yep. It's that good!

This recipe originally came from my uncle who served a mission in Hong Kong when I was very young. My dad was usually the one to make this and I will post the instructions he gave me when I was a new bride wondering what on earth to cook. But it seems to me we all cook it differently... and that's okay. Its always delicious!

You will need:
Rice - white or brown is fine.
a bit of vegetable oil
Ham cut into cubes (or spam)
Corn
Egg
Pineapple tidbits
Peas
Chopped Carrots
Soy Sauce
Salt
Pepper

Cook rice a head of time and chill. Pour oil into pan (a wok is great!) and heat. Add any meat you want and brown it. Add an egg or two and scramble it. Add anything of the produce you want to put in your Fried Rice and heat. Finally, add chilled rice. Toss together in the pan until its mixed nicely.
At the table add soy sauce or other seasonings to taste.

Yep, its that easy. And sooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment