Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Easy Beef Enchiladas"

This one is my favorite meal. It was kind of a hard day so I treated myself to this. How's that for sass? LOL!

This comes right off the Old El Paso can shown below. And actually, until recently, I half the recipe for my family... All the ingredients I need are here:
Start by thawing your ground beef. I have no idea how much...my husband portions out the beef and sometimes does half pound blobs and sometimes full pound blobs. We were just discussing this the other night and he laughed that I don't bother to know, I just grab a blob and that's how much meat we get in the meal! Anyway, back to the dinner...
I always put freshly ground pepper and salt, and usually dehydrated onion in the pan with my ground beef as I brown it. But in the spirit of New Years, I'm thinking we should skip the salt... And I always drain the grease off my meat.

Heat the oven to 375*. Lightly spray your baking dish. Remove the meat from the pan into a small mixing bowl. For my little family, I pour about half of the enchilada sauce over the meat. The recipe calls for more... I put about two small handfuls of shredded cheese in the bowl now, and mix it up. To get my tortillas to roll easily (instead of tear) I microwave them on a plate for about 25 seconds. Then I scoop spoonfuls of the meat mixture onto a tortilla and roll it up. My pan holds 6 enchiladas, and once they are all rolled up, I pour the rest of the sauce over the enchiladas, sprinkle cheese on top and stick it in to bake for 15-20 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment