Saturday, December 17, 2011

Make Your Own Mexican Wrap!

Friends are an excellent source of dinner ideas. One day a few months ago, my friend told me what they'd had for dinner the night before. I jotted this down: refried beans, salsa/black beans/ lime, brown rice, cheese, sour cream, avacado, wrapped in a tortilla! 

We finally got around to having it!

I started by microwaving one 10-inch flour tortilla for each of us, and set out the fillings!
We had brown rice, refried beans (with a good handful of shredded cheddar and a few tablespoons milk mixed in), ground beef with taco seasoning, shredded cheddar, shredded pepperjack cheese, salsa and sour cream! The kids could choose any protein and any dairy they wanted, and I served limade with it, instead of putting lime juice in with the rice or something...some members of my family don't like lime... 

No comments:

Post a Comment