Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lasagna!

The first time I made lasagna, I used a pan to cook the sauce in, a bowl to mix the cheese in, a pan to cook the meat in and the crock pot to cook the meal in! Three of those dishes had to be washed by hand. I would rather do almost any other chore than wash dishes by hand, so I was less than impressed with this kind of a meal! LOL! After complaining on facebook about what a nightmare lasagna was, my friend pointed out she just throws a handful of this and that and calls it good. HMM. I suppose I could  give it another try.......!
So this time, I laid lasagna noodles along the bottom, sprinkled cooked hamburger meat over that, spread my uncooked sauce over that, dolloped ricotta cheese, and sprinkled Parmesan, mozzarella cheese, and did it again! That meant I only had to wash the meat pan by hand, and everything else was dishwasher-friendly! Yeay! Plus it was much faster to put together and no measuring mess either! And it turned out GREAT!

So, I used:
1 box lasagna noodles
1/2 lb ground beef, browned with ground black pepper and dehydrated onion
15 oz container ricotta cheese
few handfuls shredded mozzarella
sprinkles shredded Parmesan
basically my mom's spaghetti sauce, mixed in a bowl instead of on the stove

Sauce:
2 cans tomato sauce
oregano
basil
minced garlic
onion powder
sage
thyme
parsley
 
And cover the meal with foil, bake at 425* for 50 minutes, or until noodles are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment