Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Candy!

Instead of our usual quick and easy fudge, this year I made THIS recipe for a twist on Peanut Butter Cups, from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. These are SOOO good!!
Just like she says, they are soo smooth and absolutely delicious! I poured mine into an 8x11 baking pan, instead of piping them into mini muffin cups, because as stated earlier, I only have a 12 cup pan...and that would take forever. *grin Then I cut them into bite size squareish shapes, and oh yes, we enjoyed!!

12 oz melted chocolate
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla  

I used 12 oz semi-sweet, Hershey's brand chocolate chips. I melted them in a pan on the stove, on very low heat (like 2 out of ...) and once the chips melted I added the pb, then the sugar and vanilla. I stirred it a long time and they turned out perfect!
~~~~~
These are made very similarly to the "fudge" I have made the last few years. I call it Darci's Fudge because my friend Darci gave me the recipe, and I don't know where she got it.

1 1/2 bags chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
dash salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

In sauce pan, melt chips and condensed milk SLOWLY over very low heat on stove top. Add salt and vanilla when they start to get melty.
When its melted and smooth you can stir in nuts, pb chips, mini marshmallows, or broken up candy canes! YUM!!!
Pour into an 8x11 pan, lined with foil or plastic wrap. That way you can lift the whole thing out to cut the fudge into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment