Sunday, October 30, 2011

Caramel Apples!

I DO have some 'real food' photo'd and prepped but today we made these, using the instructions found HERE. It was pretty easy but rather messy... *wink
And my photos are not ah-mazing because it is night and they must be devoured! (I mean, who doesn't need a ton of sugar right before bed the night before Halloween?)

So we started with this: a bag of caramels, unwrapped by the helper team, and two apples for each of us!
Then, we rolled some apples in crushed oreos and some in a smashed-to-bits butterfinger bar! I melted some chocolate chips mixed with a bit of shortening and attempted to drizzle it over some of the apples.
 voila! My husband wanted them plain, I wanted both with butterfinger and chocolate and the kids wanted one butterfinger, one oreo, and all chocolate! *grin
In spite of all the work, I will be slicing mine. There's no way I can take a bite out of that! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment