Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread!

Between my husband and I, we've found a lot of yummy food ideas and blogs in the last little while. This recipe comes from Mel's Kitchen Cafe blog, which my husband found. Oh. my. YUM! And this is our first recipe we're trying from it! Can I just say how wonderful my house smells?? Even tho it snowed at our house a week and a half ago, today it's back up to 70* today and maybe just a bit too warm for the wonderful smells of autumn, but ohhh they are the best food smells and I am ready for autumn baking!

Here's the wet and dry ingredients just starting to be mixed....
first yummy slice.......! mmmmmmmmmm!
My slice was still a little warm, but according to Mel it's even better the next day and that its great for breakfast!! Looking forward to it! haha!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, I have to say...
I ran into a snag. or, created one, is the thing. I've been working hard to do better and lose a little weight so when I read this recipe and saw that it called for a cup of vegetable oil I decided to substitute with 1/2 cup applesauce and 1/2 cup oil. Healthier, maybe. easy to get out of the loaf pan in one piece? nope.
I used this scraper around the edges of the pan and also tried to go under the loaf a little. Annnd when most of the loaf came out, I left it upside down, scraped the rest out and laid it back on the bread like it was supposed to be.
lesson learned.
leave the recipe alone and eat it anyway! *grin!*

No comments:

Post a Comment