Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Layered Bean Dip!

So this isn't typically DINNER, but on hot summer nights when no one is in the mood to cook, it works! It has protein, calcium, and a bit of produce if you make it right. Serve it with chips and some kind of fruit and you've got a meal!

This time my layers are as follows:
Refried beans (16 oz can)
home-mixed taco seasoning
little shredded cheese
3/4 cup-ish frozen corn, which I boiled in the microwave
homemade salsa
Black Beans, rinsed (16 oz can size)
sour cream
shredded cheese
(my actual recipe calls for other things like green onions, lettuce, chopped black olives, but I used what was in the house, and I think you could use any thing you like)

When I ate it, I added a dollop of some nuclear guacamole my husband had made, and just ate it all with tortilla chips! YUM!

To make the taco seasoning, I followed the link and used the same ingredients but I eye-balled it all. Also, I think the entire total seasoning wasn't a whole tablespoon. It was just fine like that.
Here's the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment