Friday, May 13, 2011

black bean enchilada

I am on a quest to find an enchilada recipe that the rest of my family loves just as much as I do. Insane? Possibly. But that's okay, I'm finding lots of recipes!

Last night I made these Black Bean Enchiladas. They look exactly like the ones I usually make and love, so my kids were hesitant to try this "new recipe", but they are meatless (and a can of beans is a lot cheaper than ground beef) and have a few more ingredients.

My whole family ate them happily and there were no complaints. That's a great sign!! However, I love left over enchiladas for lunch the next day, and these weren't very good. I'm not sure why but the re-heated ones were drier and had a weird and not-so-yummy flavor. So if you can eat all 8 in one sitting, great! Make it and enjoy! Hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment