Sunday, February 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Cups!

These. are SO good.

I got this recipe from a friend around the time I got married and for a few years there I made them all the time. It has been years since I made them, until this week. They are sooo good! These are bite-size squares shared with friends and taken to an event. I made a double batch so my family could have some too. You want them too, don't you? Well okay... :)

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies:
1/2 package of graham crackers, smashed. (the little plastic wrapped package in the box, not half the box!)
1/2 cup (1 cube) butter, melted
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
Mix these well, and press into 8x8 pan, or muffin cups.

Melt 1/2 tbsp shortening and 1/2 package of chocolate chips in small sauce pan, on low heat. Pour over peanut butter filling and spread evenly.

Refrigerate until firm and cut into bars. Note that these are rich so small bars, or squares, are a good idea.
~~~~~~~~~~
ETA: Today I was out of graham crackers and didn't want to take a sick kiddo to the store with me. After searching online and discussing with a friend, I chose to crush up pretzel sticks instead! Here's my adjusted recipe.

1 cup crushed pretzels
3/4 cup margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup pb (crunchy is what I had this time)
1 1/3 cup choc chips
2 light tbsp shortening

No comments:

Post a Comment