Sunday, March 11, 2012

Make your own Quiznos!

Once again, friends to the rescue, when it comes to dinner ideas!
A while ago, my friend told me about this idea she'd done for dinner. I asked her to email me the exact instructions, and then we gave it a try this past week. Here's what she said:

Just got some french bread. Cut it in half. Piled one half high with turkey from the deli and the other side I put probably a half pound of Muenster cheese and half pound of provolone. (I know, LOTS of cheese)
Then I had my oven on about 400 or so, maybe 425 and stuck them on the same cookie sheet, like two open faced sandwiches (does that make sense) and toasted them until the cheese looked melted and then I switched it to broil for about 3 minutes, until the cheese starts to bubble.
After it's been out of the oven just long enough I flip the cheese side onto the turkey side, the turkey side will fall apart if you try to flip that.

I got the french bread and deli turkey and deli ham...and I used the shredded cheeses we had in the house - cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan. Here's how mine turned out:

 and then I cut it into 3rds, (only 3 of us home that night) served it with apples (and lettuce...) and there was dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment