Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Here's my new favorite soup. Its a hit with my family, but only the first night. No one seems to like the left overs besides me, which is unusual. I don't normally like left overs. *grin
It is also my favorite because it only has to heat thru and then you serve it! Can't beat that!! 

You'll need these things....
and it ends up looking like this:

Chicken Tortilla Soup:
from Macey's grocery store

1 can chicken with rice condensed soup
1 1/3 cups water
1 cup salsa
1 can pinto beans, rinsed
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 cup frozen or 1 can corn
1 cup diced cooked chicken (or one can chicken chunks)
1 tsp ground cumin

Put it all in a pot and cook over med heat until heated through.

Serve with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream on top, chips on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment