Thursday, November 18, 2010

Banana Bread or Muffins?

Recently my cousin made some banana muffins and posted a picture, which was just mean because I couldn't run over and taste some. So I've been wanting to make them ever since. I didn't have all the things her recipe required (wheat bran?) so I adjusted the recipe I've grown up using. And I did muffins this time, instead of loaves. That makes it easier to share with friends!

mmmmmm!!
My family loved it too, so this variation is a keeper! I have a recipe on this if you want it!

Banana Bread
P Goodman

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine
2 eggs
3 large bananas
1/4 cup buttermilk or soured milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/4 cup flour

Mash bananas with fork. Mix all ingredients thourougly. Pour evenly into 2 well-greased pans. Bake at 350* for 45-60 minutes

My edits for the muffins? Since I was inspired by my cousins muffins, I put in 1/2 cup of chopped-to-bits pecans and 1 cup of white chocolate chips, then scooped them into muffin cups rather than bread pans. It only took about 25 minutes to bake. And it was warm, dreamy goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment