Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Smelling Good!

I used to burn candles alllllll the time. I now have a candle warmer but I don't use it very often...
I went thru a phase where I used Febreeze on the couches, carpets and curtains daily, but I don't know if we even have any Febreeze.
Since just before Christmas I've been simmering a smelly-good pot of stuff that I dump and start new almost daily. My family is tired of it, but the kick of vitamin c in the air gets me going in the morning and keeps me motivated. I think that's pretty important with the gray days we have around here most of the winter...!
I put in the peel of a clementine (Cutie, little orange...its not a tangerine, it really is called a Clementine)
the core of any apples or pears I slice up for the kids, and any peel that I might cut off
4 craisins
1 cinnamon stick
4 cloves
and the peel of a ginger root

I turn the burner up to medium high heat to get it boiling, then I keep it a very low temp the rest of the day, adding water as it boils off!

I absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment