Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Favorite Zupas Copycat!

I {heart} Zupas! If you don't know what that means, you can check it out HERE.
My very favorite is their Nuts About Berries Salad, with an Ultimate Grilled Cheese on the side, haha!
I can't recreate the salad dressing and I won't usually pay for the fresh berries either, so that one I really get there. the sandwich is another story...!
I found a link on Pinterest to make their mayo, and splurged on a jar of pesto and a block of Muenster cheese, and made myself this:
So, just in case I stop making this any time soon (HA!) and forget how, I'm recording the instructions here!

Combine 3 tbsp mayonnaise and 1 tbsp pesto. Spread onto insides of both slices of bread.
Thinly slice Muenster cheese to cover one of the insides of the sandwich.
Thinly slice a tomato, lay across one side cheese.
Top with thinly sliced cheddar.
Melt butter in frying pan...set sandwich in the butter, press down using a spatula, to get the cheese all over the tomato and sandwich.
Cut in half and ENJOY!!!

*I do NOT like real mayo. Ever. On anything. I always pick Miracle Whip, or nothing. But that would completely change the flavor soooo I actually DO use real mayo.
*I didn't have cheddar in the house, so I used American cheese instead. However, it is actually too cheesy for me, so I just use the one slice of Muenster.
and I'm eating this 3-4 times a week. Yuuuuummm!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment