Sunday, November 23, 2014

Liz's Special Chocolate Chip Cookies

This would be my second chocolate chip cookie recipe I'm posting here, but this one is truly UH-mazing. And really, I'm just keeping it here because my handwriting is that bad, haha, and I can get to it even if I'm visiting family or something!

My friend Liz brought over a plate of cookies and they were totally incredible. It was really difficult saving the cookie for my husband to eat later, haha, and I messaged her asking for the recipe! My husband prefers to eat several cookies at once, not just one and he almost didn't eat it! But almost as soon as he took a bite, he asked me to get the recipe!
I got a copy of the recipe yesterday, and made them today! Yep, really!

The instructions were very specific, but I went ahead and followed them all.
and oh yes, they ARE that good.

DeeDee's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter-flavored crisco
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Mix ingredients well, then add:

1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup semi sweet chips

Mix well and shape into medium size balls. Put onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes until slightly cracked on top, and a hint of golden brown.
Then bang pan onto stove or sink when cookies first come out- this flattens them perfectly.
Allow to cool before moving to cooling rack or paper towels.

Do not skip or substitute these things:
- Butter Flavored Crisco
- 2 inch size balls (or smaller)- flatten
- Take out of oven when they crack on top.
- Bang pan on stove top to flatten cookies.

*Now for my notes...when I flattened the cookie balls before baking, they got really spread out and not as "pretty". I left them as balls and just banged the pan to flatten them after they baked. I also mixed the dry ingredients and added them in together, and ended with the chips.
Makes about 65 medium sized cookies

* Dec 2019 Edit:
This time I bought some peppermint chunks for Christmas cookies. I added 1/4 cup cocoa powder right at the end, and then the peppermint chunks and it worked great and tasted amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment