Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pork Chops!!

You already know my husband is an amazing cook. But when we have pork chops in the freezer, he almost always chops them up into bites and puts them in some kind of stir fry. He says he doesn't know how to make pork chops without them drying out too much. I think my kids have only had Asian/diced pork chops. Which is kinda sad! One of my favorite dinners when I was a kid was pork chops. I have asked my mom how she made them and her answer is "oh its been too long." dang.
So a friend told me how she makes hers, including how to avoid them drying out, and I thought it was definitely worth trying!! Dinner tonight!

Oven Pork Chops - by Rabilin Snow
Thaw the chops. Set the oven to 350* or 375*.
Put a little water in the bottom of a broiler pan, lay the pork chops on the top of the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper. (both sides) Cover with foil.
If the pork chops are thick, (1/2 inch - 1 inch) bake about 15 mins, and turn to cook on the other side an additional 10-15 minutes.
If the pork chops are thin, 7-10 mins each side is long enough.

This is the only picture I caught, and its "in progress". Our pork chops were quite thick so we did 15 mins on one side, 15 on the other, and back for another 5 on the first side before my husband said that the juices were clear so it was fine to eat. He and I had a little A1 sauce with our pork chop and it was delicious!! Our kids ate theirs plain and enjoyed them too!
When my friend told me how to make it, she also added that my husband would take the basic idea and "perfect it", haha. So, his suggestion is to sear the chops before baking them. I'll let you know if we give that a try! In the meantime, this is a good method!


No comments:

Post a Comment