Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Biscuits!

When I began making dinner last night my daughter asked if I knew how to make "dinner rolls". That is her favorite part of school lunch and is always quite envious when she misses out on "dinner rolls" (my kids usually take their lunch from home). I told her I don't think I've ever actually tried to make rolls (other than Rhodes freezer rolls) but that I had just read a recipe for biscuits I wanted to try...would that work? lol!

I found the recipe and instructions HERE. I followed them exactly as she said, including using my food processor (which frankly, I am scared of, and have used one other time, LOL!) and mixing the egg and milk in the measuring cup. I used half butter and half shortening, just as she recommends. I even used a big heart-shaped cookie cutter, because that's what I had with sharp edges...except that then I used a knife on what was left, rather than kneading it again.

Mine turned out like this:

They were light, flaky and delicious, and my son asked if I'd make a whole batch just for him. Sounds like a keeper to me!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Make a batch for me too while you're at it!

    ReplyDelete