Friday, January 27, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

I have no idea where I first came across this recipe but I have been interested to try it for a couple months now. Today I had a kiddo with a cold and was looking for something quick and warm for dinner, "but not soup", because the sicky didn't want soup. I found this great recipe for Baked Oatmeal on Mel's Kitchen Cafe blog and gave it a shot!
I took her advice, perused the comments for additional ideas, used her exact recipe and sprinkled cinnamon all over the top before baking! We had canned peaches, so I used that.
I have to say, I loved it warm out of the oven with the peaches. I also liked it reheated, and I really liked it cold! Cold was a lot like a cookie or granola bar...I did not put milk on mine. My husband tried it both warm with peaches and a little milk, and cold, and liked it both ways. One of our kiddos only liked it with milk, and kind of a real oatmeal-y consistency. The little sicky didn't like it much, but I blame the cold. *smile
We'll use this recipe again, but we'll half it next time. It is really filling, and there's a lot of leftovers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment