Friday, August 12, 2011

When things don't quite go right...

Here's a new way of making lemonade out of life's lemons. haha!

I recently volunteered to take dinner to a family who was moving, and I was also supposed to make two treats for a baby shower the next day. I thought No Bake Cookies would be great since I only stand over a hot stove for a few minutes and don't use the oven at all. Perfect!
...only. ...the cookies were still not set after about two hours. hmm....
I had made a nice, big double batch so that my family got some, along with all the sharing...and it was like picking up oatmeal.
what. was I supposed to do with a big old mixing bowl full of chocolatey oatmeal???

I called my husband {the foodie} to see if he had any ideas and he said "sure, throw in some eggs, flour and baking powder and bake them."
...Really? you can do that??

Yup. Guess ya can!
Behold! Baked No Bake Cookies!

They taste much more like oatmeal cookies than No Bake cookies, and they are quite flat. I added the following before baking:
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup flour
and baked them about 12 minutes each pan.

Also, I only put about a tbsp of batter on the pan and some spread to be as much as 3 inches across...!

No comments:

Post a Comment