Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Zucchini Banana Oat Bread

ETA: I will only make this in two of my smaller loaf pans, ever. lol. 

I tried this recipe six years ago and pinned it to my "tried and approved" board. Today I made it again and shared it with a friend. It is SO yummy! You can find the original post HERE

From the comments, someone suggested adding in chocolate chips, so today one loaf had none and the other two loaves had maybe 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.

The loaves are very short, splitting the batter into three pans. I might try using just two, larger bread pans... I don't know how much that would effect the baking time. But for three loaves that are less than 2 inches tall, it baked 40 minutes in my oven.

I am linking it here and copying over the recipe because the original post is eight years old and I don't want it to disappear. Also, I refer to this blog way more often than I look at Pinterest for food ideas. I get too distracted on Pinterest! And this is a keeper! 

Zucchini Banana Oat Bread
from Amanda Rettke at I Am Baker.

INGREDIENTS

  •  cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup canola oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 3 cups shredded zucchini
    INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Heat oven to 350°F and prepare loaf pans. (I used three small loaf pans.)

    2. In large bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and oats. Stir together.

    3. In a smaller bowl combine sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, and mashed banana.
      Pour sugar mixture into the flour mixture and stir by hand. Add in zucchini and mix until well incorporated.

    4. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until bread pulls away from sides of pan and an inserted toothpick is removed clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment