Saturday, January 2, 2016

The Moist Perfect Cinnamon Rolls I Have Ever Made

This is a recipe that I took ideas and methods from a recipe that I found on Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Here's a link to original. Perfect Cinnamon Rolls. Mostly I adapted it to make a smaller batch and so that I could do it in a bread maker on the dough setting. Much of the recipe is my bagel recipe with some idea's taken from the Mel. The frosting is copied exactly from Mel minus the maple flavoring. I also added nutmeg and clove to the cinnamon filling because I really like them. One warning, you will use 3 sticks of butter in these, so definitely not an treat to make everyday. However the cinnamon rolls freeze wonderfully and can be saved for enjoyment later. A short 45 seconds in the microwave and it's like they just came out of the oven.

Yeast Proof:
1 cup warm water
1 1/2 tbsp yeast-Active Dry
2 tbsp sugar

Into the bread maker
6 cups bread flour (720 grams)
1 cup scalded milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter (melted in the scalded milk)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk powder
1/4 cup potato flakes
3 tsp salt
1 tbsp dough enhancer
1 egg

Filling
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
Dash of ground ginger

Frosting
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt (not needed if using sweet cream or salted butter)
2 pounds powdered sugar
3 tbsp of milk (NOT SKIM!!!!!! 1% or higher only) or cream.

Bake on 350 for 18 to 22 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment