Sunday, October 28, 2012

Liz's Apple Crisp

My friend Liz posted this recipe on facebook about a month ago and I have been anxious to give it a try. I actually made it right after we enjoyed the minstrone last week! Apples are my favorite part of autumn baking! Apples of all kinds were on an awesome sale this week, so it was a great time to make it!

Her instructions and ingredients are as follows:

Slice 10-12 apples into bottom of 9x13" pan.
Sprinkle 3/4 c. white sugar on top.
Dot with butter (I slice off maybe 2-3 tbsp and cut it into bits over the top) and sprinkle appx. 2 tbsp. flour evenly over the top.
Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over the top (I do quite a lot of cinnamon).
Combine 1 c. brown sugar, 1 c. oats, 1 c. flour and 1 c. butter (cold). Use pastry blender (or forks if you don't have one), and cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle oat mixture over apples, sprinkle more cinnamon over the topping and
bake @ 350 for appx. 1 hour.

It was soooo good!!! I did let it cool for about 45 minutes before serving it, because that sauce was BOILING, as you can see in the photo! We had whipped cream on top while it was hot, and that was great, but plain, and cold was delicious too! It was the perfect balance of autumny cinnamony apples, hearty oatyness and butter, lol! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment