Friday, September 7, 2012

Twist & Shake!

Or rather, a New Twist on an Old Shake!

I have posted THIS basic shake before, which I frequently have for a quick and mobile breakfast. (meaning, I can eat it while doing other things)
It has evolved to become more like this:
  • approx 3/4 cup frozen berries (or 1/3 cup peanut butter and 3 ice cubes)
  • 1/3 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 packet chocolate instant breakfast powder
  • 1 cup milk
 But yesterday my cousin posted this recipe on facebook...
  • 1 cup of whatever milk you use
  • 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 banana
  • 1 1/2 c. of rolled oats/quick oats /whatever oats you have
  • 1 scoop protein powder (I used vanilla cause that's what I had on hand )
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • Then add ice to the consistency you want
So I tossed in 3/4 cup oats into my shake this morning! Today I only used blueberries and blackberries, and with the oats it really tastes like a pie or a cookie! Also the oats give the added benefit of extra fiber, and this breakfast will stick with me longer, making me feel less hungry and snacky before lunch. And its a pretty darn healthy breakfast!

1 comment: