Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nacho Skillet Dinner

I'm sorry there's been a lack of posts...it was really cold all spring and it just turned really hot so I don't really want to stand at the stove or use the oven. Not to mention the summer festivities and everything going on! But tonight I made a real dinner (hee hee) and tried a new recipe that we think is a keeper!

here's what it looked like:
and the recipe can be found HERE.

of *course* there are edits! :) For one thing, I didn't like the idea of putting the chips in the pan while it simmered....that sounded like they'd get soggy and I really don't care for soggy chips. So we ate the dinner as a dip, which always makes my kids eat better. Also, I will use black beans next time, instead of kidney beans. And my husband added salsa and sour cream to his. All in all? its a keeper!

Edited 10/14/12:
We had some left overs of this mixture and we were out of chips. So I made a quesadilla out of it!
Just laid down a flour tortilla, spread the mix on it, sprinkled it with more cheese, topped it with another quesadilla and there was dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment