Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Feel like Chicken tonight?

Menu:
     Fried Chicken
     Baked Potatoes - butter, salt, pepper, grated cheddar cheese
     Mixed Vegetables - frozen mix of carrots, green beans and corn
     Milk

Today I actually planned a head. Busy night meant little cook time. So in the afternoon I prepped enough baked potatoes for my family and pulled some frozen chicken breasts out to thaw (in a plastic baggie, in a bowl, in the fridge). In between running around I managed to stick the potatoes in at 400*. I got them out almost exactly an hour later!

Now to the chicken. It had thawed through so I cut them into strips/chunks. I find its easier to completely cook when working with a smaller piece. I mixed regular AP flour with Montreal chicken seasoning in a sandwich baggie and 'breaded' the chicken one piece at a time. Then I fried it in the cast iron skillet in perhaps too much oil...but it also cooked faster so that's ok, right?

I serve a lot of vegetables with dinner. Usually that means dumping some frozen selection in a large bowl with at least twice as much water, then sticking it in the microwave for 3-5 minutes. I then drain off the water and add a bit of butter/margarine.

And dinner was served!

No comments:

Post a Comment